3,676 total views, 6 views today
Author Nawaz and Mamata
SCCM Technical Preview 2003 New Features
Listed below are some of the new features and improvements introduced in the technical preview 2003 version.
- Onboard Configuration Manager clients to Microsoft Defender ATP via the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center
This capability allows customers to manage both Intune MDM and Configuration Manager client EDR/ATP onboarding from a single management experience – the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center.
- Track configuration item remediations
In this release, you can track remediation history when supported on your configuration item compliance rules. The history is stored in the Configuration Manager database.
Build custom reports to view the remediation history by using the public view v_CIRemediationHistory. The RemediationDate column is the time, in UTC, the client ran the remediation. The ResourceID identifies the device.
- Show boundary groups for devices
You can now view the boundary groups for specific devices.
- New feedback wizard
The Configuration Manager console now has a new wizard for sending feedback with lots of new options.
- Improvements to Microsoft Edge Management dashboard
The Microsoft Edge Management dashboard has a new Preferred browser by device chart. The chart gives you insights into which browser was most used by each device over the last seven days. If a user has two devices, they’re counted separately since the primary browser used on each device might vary.
Enable the following properties in the below hardware inventory classes for the new Preferred browser by device chart:
- SMS_BrowserUsage (SMS_BrowserUsage)
- Improvements to CMPivot
You can run CMPivot from a device collection and do real-time querying on devices. In this release, you can run CMPivot from an individual device.
- Query for feedback sent to Microsoft
To easily find the feedback status messages, this release includes a new query called Feedback sent to Microsoft.
- In the Configuration Manager console, go to the Monitoring workspace.
- Expand the Queries node, and select the query Feedback sent to Microsoft.
- In the ribbon, on the Home tab, in the Query group, select Run.
- Improvements to OS deployment
Using the Check Readiness step, you can determine if the device uses UEFI, Computer is in UEFI mode. In addition, it also includes a new task sequence variable, _TS_CRUEFI.
Few more additional features that can be seen in next MEMCM global release. Waiting for it, aren’t you?